Cypress Tree Manor
A roguelike by Nils Fagerburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Some day as you're going about your daily routine, zombies appear out of nowhere! Your only chance of survival is to go to the old manor, built be that crazy old man. It is said to be full of oddly placed rooms, and there is rumored to be a bunker hidden in the basement that would allow you to survive if only you can find it. However it is a very small bunker that will only house one person. You hope no one else remembered the bunker before you...
The 7DRL version is there for archeologists, you probably don't want to download it.
- The upper floor contains squares that can collapse under your feet
- Added auto weapon and auto heal keys
- Doors no longer break weapons
- Zombies can smell survivors
- Added score file (in media subdirectory)
- New intro scene
- Removed victory and death screens
- Nicer looking floors
- Badly hurt survivors leave trails of blood
- Blood splatters into neighbouring squares :)
- Off screen survivors scream when they die
- Weapon strength is indicated in inventory
- Fixed numpad keys
- The text for piles of items is nicer
- Tweaked the way keys and doors work
- Improved some messages
- Used LOS for player (fun fact, this was actually 99% done in the 7drl version but commented out because I didn't have time to playtest it).
- Using, equipping or picking up an item all take a turn now, as does closing a door.
- Player coordinates are no longer shown.
- Spacebar can also be used to wait.
- Not having a weapon equipped is more visible now.
- Made most weapons a bit more solid.
- Key holder is now magenta for easy identification.
- The basement is dark, a flashlight is recommended.
- Numlock and arrow keys also move.
- Guaranteed connected levels.